TackleSmart Football™ – Clinic Overview
About our Half Day Pilot Program
Be your future hero! was the theme of our 1st TackleSmart clinic held last month. The pilot program utilized a new youth football program and training system to train players on the foundation for on the field performance and injury prevention. Our clinic combined elite performance training, human development, and position-specific skill training through our MasterFlow Training System™. The TackleSmart training program has been developed over a decade by former Minnesota Viking defensive back Chris Rogers who is a youth school teacher, coach and performance trainer. Our product development team and advisors include former professional and college athletes, coaches, trainers and a medical doctor.
The clinic was sponsored entirely by Sports Angels and included position specific film sessions where players reviewed the drills and techniques they would practice that day. Players then ran through tackling drills utilizing our Tackle Pad to learn smart tackling techniques. Throughout the clinic, players were evaluated on 15 key skill measures of football through our MasterFlow Training System™.
MasterFlow™ Reporting and Goal Development Workshop
After the clinic, players participated in a human development and goal setting workshop. At this workshop, our certified instructor presented the key aspects of goal setting and led the players through setting their own goals. After the clinic, players were given a “I’m my future hero” T shirt and their MasterFlow Report that included their evaluations from the day and their academic, personal, and athletic goals. These reports will help the players plan their efforts on and off the field to develop as athletes and young adults.
Our Key Takeaways
As we look to further develop and expand program, we’ve found several key encouraging findings:
- Coaches trained in the TackleSmart – MasterFlow System demonstrated a high level of readiness to coach on the field as a team and successfully implemented the clinic game plan
- Players were motivated to learn
- The Tackle Pad product was a valuable teaching aid
- Players were actively engaged during the goal setting workshop
- The success of the pilot program shows an opportunity for improvement, and the potential to be scaled
High Impact Fastpitch Tryouts on August 5 & 6
High Impact Fastpitch will be holding tryouts for our Fall program on August 5 & 6. Stay tuned for more information. Our home field is Johnny Cake Ridge Park in Apple Valley. If you or someone you know is interested in signing up for tryouts you can sign up for updates at the link below.
Our Fall program includes the following:
- Experienced Coaching Staff
- Director Bobby Crumpton – Bobby is a former Division 1 College Football Player: United States Military Academy at West Point and with the Golden Gophers. He has coached Softball for more than 25 years. Bobby has coached and trained many Gopher Fastpitch legends, USA Olympians, and USSSA/ASA Hall-of-Famers including. He has personally coached and trained more than 50 players currently playing Fastpitch softball in college (all levels: Division 1, Division 2, Division 3 NAIA), and in total has helped more than 100 players reach their goal of playing college softball.
- Former College Players – Role Models
- Experienced Non-Parent Coaches
- Competitive Tournament Schedule
- Throughout the season our players will participate in several tournaments against some of the best teams in the region
- 2-3 College Day Trips and Scrimmages
- Throughout their season they will visit several local colleges to meet with their staff and receive information on the school. This program is unique in the local Fastpitch world, and will help our players receive more college exposure
- Training Program with Three Practices Per Week
- Aggressive off-season skills training program with three weekly practices
- Initial skills evaluation utilizing our MasterFlow Training System™ and periodic player progress updates
- Intense, Skills Specific Player Development
- In addition to basic training, players will receive specialized and advanced skills training in their individual positions (middles, corners, catching & outfield) and athletic performance (agility & speed)
Self Financing Opportunities through Sports Angels
- Self funding opportunities to cover some, or all of your club fees through Sports Angels fundraising activities
- Opportunities include team activities like cub bagging and individual product distributions with all proceeds going to our players’ accounts
Positive Coaching Alliance Resource – Sanya Richards-Ross: Sports Were My Greatest Life Teacher
At High Impact Sports we believe that youth athletics can be a powerful tool to help young adults gain valuable life skills. In this video for The Positive Coaching Alliance, track & field world champion and Olympic gold medalist Sanya Richards-Ross explains how the lessons she learned from her athletic career helped her grow as a person.
In this video she states, “I felt like sports were my greatest life teacher.” From understanding what delayed gratification truly meant to what being gracious in victory and humble in defeat felt like, she attests sports to every life lesson she has learned along her journey through her business entities to motherhood and beyond.